- Do u ever feel like your heart has been shredded into tiny threads?
Like your arteries distribute the pains to your other body parts
Like your feet do not belong to any part of you
Like giving up when there’s so many reasons to hold onto the rope of hope
- Do you ever feel like you’re staring at a stranger when you look into the mirror?
Like you’re a nobody in the midst of those you care about
Like the pebbles on the precious soil you step on look like lofty mountains
- Do you ever feel like a slave to your own mind?
Like your ego overpowers your humbleness
Like you are lonely, choking amidst a crowd
Like you are not being heard even when your voice is loudest amongst all
Like there are days when you want to pour your heart out to someone but you hesitate because you feel they may not understand or they may not even give you a listening ear
- Do you ever feel like a philosopher as you question the meaning of life and why the world is the way it is late at night?
Like you have no control over your own decisions
Like a historian as you try to remember your past while missing or regretting it
- Do you ever feel like the whole world is closing up on you?
Like you are alive yet feel dead deep inside
Like suffocating albeit there is sufficient oxygen
Like solitude is your escapism from chaos called “life”
Like there are days when you just want to block everyone and everything just to have your life inundated by drops of ‘peace’
- Of course you get these feelings
When there’s too much noise. Too many choices and too many voices. You’re stuck and the entire world is racing
When your heart is torn into fragments of grief and tears profusely flowing, drowning you in an ocean of pain
When anger spreads in your whole body like a cancer, consuming every crevice of your being and sadness devours you like a virus
When you want to scream at the top of your lungs in anguish, feel hopelessness in your solar plexus, and just want to disappear
When the feeling of loneliness finally wins its battle against you and you surrender yourself to tears and anger of what seems like a hopelessness
Days when you fall to your knees with no intent to get back up again
- Because it’s during these moments you have mixed feelings.